1. Springsteen, with sideburns, in blue jeans, a thick black belt, and a white short-sleeve shirt half-unbuttoned.
2. Clarence Clemons, with sunglasses and a high-top fade.
3. Max Weinberg, in a paisley shirt and vest, with a puffy haircut that looks like it’s trying to escape from his scalp.
4. Roy Bittan, with a pre-grunge beard and plaid shirt.
5. Courtney Cox, with a wedge haircut, a big black digital watch, and a sleeveless Springsteen t-shirt.
There is more ’80s fashion in VJ, the book I wrote with Nina Blackwood, Mark Goodman, Alan Hunter, and Martha Quinn, coming out May 7th. Oh, so much more. You can order it now from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Powell’s.