1. The voiceover “Maybe there’s another way to do this,” which prompts the members of Yes to transform into animals, like a prog-rock Justice League of Lycanthropes.
2. The protagonist (of a Kafkaesque tale of abduction and escape) washing his face with maggots.
3. Lead singer Jon Anderson’s ruddy complexion, feathered hair, and elaborately paneled sweater, which cumulatively make him look like a Norwegian ski instructor.
4. The protagonist elaborately writhing and contorting as he has visions of animals crawling on his skin.
5. The protagonist jumping off a roof to escape the members of Yes, and then transforming into a bird (with an intermediate developmental stage as a mannequin).
For more MTVariffic goodness, check out VJ, the book I wrote with Nina Blackwood, Mark Goodman, Alan Hunter, and Martha Quinn, coming out May 7th–you can order it now from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Powell’s.